Walgreens’ new rewards program, , started last fall. Here’s a brief overview of the program as well as details and restrictions.
With the new program, you can:
- save on sale items each week
- earn points on thousands of items, including every prescription and immunization
- get points when you Walk with Walgreens
- redeem points for items you love
Details & Restrictions
I took a quick peek at the Terms & Conditions to see if I could decipher the system. Here’s what I discovered:
- The card will offer you access to particular sales and promotional pricing.
- You’ll present your personal card to the cashier to earn and/or redeem points.
- You’ll earn points on certain purchases that can later be redeemed on certain future purchases. All points will be awarded to your account 3-5 days after purchase. Points can be earned for online purchases.
- Point promotions will not apply to rain check items purchased after the promotion has ended.
- Points will not be earned in a transaction in which Redemption Dollars (see below) or store credit is used.
- If you don’t earn or redeem points for 6 consecutive calendar months, your membership will be deemed to be inactive and all accumulated points will be forfeited. For active members, all points expire on a rolling 36-month (3-year) basis.
- To redeem your earned points, your points will be converted into Redemption Dollars which will then be deducted from the total price of your purchase:
- *NEW* 1,000 points = $1
- *NEW* 2,000 points = $2
- *NEW* 3,000 points = $3
- 5,000 points = $5
- 10,000 points = $10
- 18,000 points = $20
- 30,000 points = $35
- 40,000 points = $50
According to Walgreens, Register Rewards will continue in its current form for the foreseeable future.
Your turn: Did you pre-enroll for Walgreens’ new program? What questions do you have about how it will work?