When you are trying to get out of debt, it is extremely helpful to know what your credit looks like so that you have a good idea of where you need to focus your efforts. Many people are surprised by what they find on their credit reports (unpleasantly so), so it is a good idea to know exactly where you stand. offers consumers a way to do just that – for free.
Free Credit Scores and More
is a highly-rated and well-reviewed credit monitoring service that has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, CNN Money, and The New York Times. It offers:
- Free credit scores so that you have a good starting point
- Credit monitoring so that there are no unpleasant surprises
- Free ID protection and up to $50,000 in ID theft insurance
- Credit education
- Complete analysis of your credit to help you make changes
- Loan organization, analysis, and monitoring for personal loans, mortgages, and student loans
- Bank-level security and protection to keep your personal info secure
The best part is that, unlike other credit monitoring problems, doesn’t require a credit card on file in order for you to take advantage of their services. The sign-up process is pretty quick, so the time standing between you and better credit understanding is minimal. This no-risk and high-reward service is a great way to get your plan to eliminate debt off to a good start.
If you want more information about Credit Sesame, check out this review .
Your turn: Have you ever been surprised by something you found on your credit report?